I've been failing to update my blog for quite some time lately. There has been a little bit of training. But mostly - I just lack the time to write anything worthwhile. After a bit of nudging from a friend of mine, here's a brief update of what I'm doing lately.
1. Staying at Jeff's place every night since mid-May. While it is only a 15 minute commute from my apartment in Dupont to my client, it is a 1.5 hour commute to & from Jeff's house to my client in Chinatown. Let this be a testament to how much I enjoy spending time with him.
2. Due to #1, I've been reading a lot. A LOT. In the last 3 days, I've finished 3 books. Taking the bus & train to my client alleviates any stressful driving situations & lets me breeze through my stack of unread books. Also, I picked up a library card.
3. Stacey lives 10 minutes from Jeff. I never got to see enough of Stacey before, & now I get to see her more often. We've also become swimming buddies, which is hugely fun. I admit: I'm jealous of her endurance & want to be able to keep up with her (again).
4. Running. I ran once. Woohoo. A simple 25 minute jog where I explored the backyard trails (into the park) & tested my running legs. All in all, a good run.
5. Planning weekends away with Jeff. We've got 4 weekends of adventure in summer - 4th of July, 2 weddings, & one trip we took last weekend. Also, we will be attending this year's Austin City Limits Festival. Woohoo!!
6. Taking Peter to the vet. Peter has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is basically a genetic heart disease. After we found the issue (late October of last year), Peter's been to the doctor a number of times. First, he was put on a cheap medication, which stopped working after a few months. He stopped eating & being social. Now, we've changed his medication. There is a higher possibility of side effects on these, but they are controlling his arrhythmia, blood pressure, & the progression of his heart disease. Here's hoping. It's hard to deal with bcause Peter is my little buddy. Peter was always my cat, & Charles was more of my ex's. ^&YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUY&UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhbgvbhjjjjjjjjjjjjjj - Peter says hi by the way.
Charles just puked next to me. I think he sensed that I was typing about Peter & wanted some attention. Ick. Well, at least it's on Jeff's side of the bed. (Just kidding, hon!)
On that note, I'll leave it here & go clean up.
8 months ago